You click on an image file and ask it to open with PSP it asks for permission to run the command, say go ahead, and then you get:
- a) a popup saying "There was a problem sending the command to the program" and when I click on OK
- b) PSP opens but *without* the image I clicked on.
In Windows 7, double clicking on an image file that should open in PSP 9 will open the program with an error message but without the image on most machines. PSP 9 uses an old Windows system called DDE to pass the image to the program. DDE is still part of Windows 7, but is prevented from working by 7's tighter security.
One solution, is to disable UAC.
- (1) Open Regedit
- (2) Go to the following string: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\Paint Shop Pro 9.exe\shell\open\command
- (3) Change the "Default" entry to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Jasc Software Inc\Paint Shop Pro 9\Paint Shop Pro 9.exe" "%1"
- (4) Delete the following string (which is immediately below the string you just edited): HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\Paint Shop Pro 9.exe\shell\open\ddexec
- (5) Exit Regedit
- (6) Open a picture file as you typically would from windows explorer and it should open without error."
Computer Repair Lakeland, FL